Calendar - Long Term Planning Schedule

Below is the timetable of what I propose to complete before January 14th:

Tuesday 16 November 2010

Film Titles

I have researched recent horror film releases (2010) in order to find out if there are any trends which I may need to adhere to. Below are a list of ten horror film titles:

  1. The Crazies
  2. Frozen
  3. A Nightmare On Elm Street
  4. Womb Ghosts
  5. Dahmer Vs. Gacy
  6. Resident Evil: Afterlife
  7. Sparrow
  8. Hatchet II
  9. I Spit On Your Grave
  10. The Last Exorcism
As you can see, there does not appear to be any correlation between film names, probably because one of the main appeals for a film is the escapism (i.e. 'escaping' from the boring life; being transported into an exciting environment) factor, therefore if there were any parallels, the audience may be less likely to see it.

I have realised the audience do not want prior expectations when watching the film, instead, they generally wish to be shocked by unusual aspects of the film.

-

Below are some of the names I have considered for my film:

  • Aberration
  • Double life
  • Deranged

    No comments:

    Post a Comment