Calendar - Long Term Planning Schedule

Below is the timetable of what I propose to complete before January 14th:

Saturday 11 September 2010

Magazine Research

Our double period on Friday 10th September commenced with comparing independent film magazines to their mainstream counterpart, the reason being that the budget for our teaser trailer will be on an even smaller scale than that of professionally made indie films. This therefore meant that by basing our own magazine front cover on independent periodicals, we'd gain a much more realistic approach to our course.

We were separated into groups and told to research a magazine using their website or any other resources available. I was given 'Vertigo,' what appeared to be an extremely niche market magazine for mainly students with higher disposable incomes than the average working class individual. Although I have not chosen the final idea for my teaser trailer, I do not believe this will be the audience I want my trailer to be projected to, thus I am researching other independent magazines so that I have a wider portfolio of examples. This will enable me to make informed decisions with regards to the content and style of my magazine. I will also organize market research so as to target my audience more efficiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment