Calendar - Long Term Planning Schedule

Below is the timetable of what I propose to complete before January 14th:

Thursday 23 September 2010

Product Research - '127 Hours'




    In order to get a clearer understanding of the way teaser trailers are created and why, I analysed '127 Hours,' an independent film directed by Danny Boyle. I found that, although in some respects it stayed true to the conventions of mainstream trailers, there were a few fundamental differences.





    As with teaser trailers based on mainstream films, the structure seems to be shaped according to the music played, whilst the plot is told succinctly and covertly.











    At the end of my product research for '127 Hours,' I found that there are a great many similarities to draw on between independent and mainstream teaser trailers (apart from the use of split screens and director promotions in the former), therefore they all seem to follow the same form. This was interesting with regards to my teaser trailer, in that, regardless of the film's budget, the trailers appear to use the same techniques. I will continue with my product research by exploring different teaser trailers, in order to see if they all use the same guideline.

No comments:

Post a Comment